Feb 28, 2018
I get a bunch of social media DMs asking for advice or help – I respond to every single one. Every so often, someone asks for a face-to-face coffee chat with me and I make it happen whenever I can.
This podcast is one of those meetings. A young man DM'd me to talk shop about a YouTube channel he wants to launch in mid-2018. He currently works 6 days a week and is saving up money to quit his job and go all in on video content marketing later this year.
I really think a lot of you are going to find value in this because you're in a similar spot as him – great intent, good work ethic, working a job you don't like, wanting to start something that moves you.
Tons of value bombs in this meeting – enjoy ;)
• 0:00: Meeting my man and hearing about him working 6 days a week to save up to quit his job in mid-2018
• 6:30: In the beginning, you’re gonna suck at everything you do. Accelerate through the suck
• 15:30: The importance of connecting with people who have already walked your path
• 26:30: Living below your means so that when you try to make a big change in life, you’re able to sustain yourself financially
• 28:30: One of my biggest clients recently ending our relationship
• 32:00: How to get your partner to believe in your vision and dream
• 42:00 Reverse engineering your success with a set path
• 49:00: How Oprah ended up on The Color Purple movie plus the power of making a decision
• 57:00: The science behind content marketing